Sunday, June 22, 2008

What Glen's Listening too

So everyone else has been posting about music lately so I thought I'd post some of the stuff I've been listening too.
Ratatat - LP3
Instrumental electronic dance rock. Some of the best musicians you'll ever here. Kind of slow down-tempo stuff with tons of crazy instrumentation. I've been waiting for this album for a long time. Their previous Album Classics was amazing, and this album is almost as good in my opinion. It's hard to tell you who they sound like, because they really don't really sound like anyone else. They are truly an original band.The Envy Corps - Dwell
Mr Devin Askounis recomended this band to me. I really didn't care for them at first, but this CD is a real grower. So if you don't like them at first don't give up on them. I've really gotten into it. Envy Corps is a indie rock band that has no problem switching from up-tempo to down-tempo, and is great a coming up with with really catchy songs. For fans of bands like Dear and the Headlights, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, Moneen.
MC Chris - mc chris is dead
I've been listening to MC Chris for a long time now. This is his fifth album. MC Chris has been called a nerd rapper. He has an extremely high voice, and raps extremely fast. While his voice can be off putting to some, if you can get past it, you can find some great music. He raps about all the normal hip-hop stuff, girls drugs and boose, but also raps about stuff like video games, reese's pieces and nerd girls. I found this album to be a lot better than his previous effort (Dungeon Master Of Ceremonies), but not as good as his first couple albums (Knowing is Half the Hassle and Life's a Bitch and I'm Her Pimp). For fans of MC Lars and any adult swim show (he did the voice of Hesh from Sealab and MC peepants from Aqua Teen).

No comments: