Friday, June 27, 2008

The Love Guru



So I saw The Love Guru last night, starring Mike Myers. I knew going into the movie that it was going to be bad, but I've enjoyed past Mike Myers movies such as the Austin Powers trilogy and the first Wayne's World so I decided to give it a chance. The movie ended up being as bad as I expected. There were a few laughs that were achieved through very crude humor, but for the most part the movie was horribly written, and the acting was even worse. Justin Timberlake actually ended up being the funniest character in the film playing a French Canadien goalie for the L.A. Kings who happened to be a Celine Dion super fan (which makes for some of the better laughs in the movie.) In all I would say if you are a fan of smart comedies then The Love Guru isn't for you, and even if you like dumb comedies, you might still dislike it. My recommendation...wait until it plays on tv.

No comments: